
I know every mom says it. So it almost feels like I have to start this post this way:
"I cant believe Evan is already 1 month old"
There. Got that out of my system. But seriously. I'm amazed. It seems like just yesterday we were at Baylor preparing for his arrival!
So for the sake of our families & for me to remember here are the things that stick out as of now:
*He's drinking 4-5 ounces every 3 hours. He's a hungry boy and eats all the time. And let me tell you, he doesn't hesitate to let you know. He's got a wail that you can't ignore and his bottom lip quivers and you can't help but laugh. You'd think we never feed him if you heard it. He's such a DRAMA KING!!!
*He's a sound sleeper like his daddy who has slept through a couple feeding and diaper changes at night. This kid can sleep through pretty much anything. Clanging pots and pans, doors opening and shutting; he even slept through the house alarm the first week he was home. He takes naps mostly in the afternoon. We've been putting him down around 11:30 p.m. and he gets up around 2:30 or 3 and again around 5:30 or 6 in the morning.
*He has EXCELLENT head control and is grasping at things. He's been working those neck muscles since the third day in the hospital. When he grabs a hold of your finger he doesn't let go. He likes to watch and listen to the mobile while being changed and he seems to like it when you sing to him.
*He HATES being naked. Screaming fits ensue when changing his diaper, clothes or giving him a bath.
*He is now 20 inches long and weighs about 8 pounds. I still have no idea who he looks like and everyone has a different opinion.
HAPPY 1 MONTH BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment